Google Calendar, as the name suggests is the official calendar of Google. It mostly comes pre-installed on all Android handsets. As the name suggests, it is a calendar for smartphones but unlike the ones that were present in phones of previous years, Google Calendar is very interactive and has also progressed with technological advancement to offer features that were not present in earlier versions. It is a time management and scheduling web and mobile application that became available in 2006 and completed its testing stage in 2009. A Google account is a must-have to use the Google Calendar. Without further ado, therefore, let us take a look at what the Google Calendar offers to its users.
Google Calendar features:
- This app or web application is one of the best scheduling and time management services that is available on the Internet. A great feature of this service is that it syncs with a user’s Gmail account and therefore all the mail that is received by the user from different businesses or enterprises is scanned by the Google Calendar and the information, if possible, is integrated into the calendar. For instance, when a user books of flight ticket or a movie ticket, a copy of it is automatically sent to the user’s email ID. If the same email account is synced with Google Calendar, then the user will find that the information has automatically been updated into the calendar. The calendar also sets an alarm notification whereby your phone rings to remind you that you have a plane to catch or a movie hall to reach in time.
- Like all calendars, the Google Calendar also has the facility where a user can add and edit or remove a to-do list. Once you make a to-do list, the calendar will automatically remind you to literally do the things that are on the list.
- You can also add personal goals to the calendar now. This feature which has recently been added by Google in the latest update of the Google calendar enables a person to list a goal or a set of goals within a time frame and what the Google Calendar does is it reminds the user of the free time he/she has and also suggests the user to use that free time to complete the goals.
- If you are in the middle of work and quickly need to note down reminders and schedules or events, then Google Calendar comes up with its smart suggestions where it automatically suggests known names of places so that you can fill the notification quickly without having to type everything.
- In its recent update, the Google Calendar also got a new Schedule view. The Schedule view now features photos and maps of the places that you are going are the ones that you have already visited. There is also the feature to view the calendar in different ways from 7 days view to the 4 weeks view or a whole month view.
- Google Calendar also easily interacts, adapts and integrates with other calendars if you ever feel the need to get more than 1 calendar to fulfill your requirements.
How to get Google Calendar on your Android device?
I guess you have read the above-mentioned features of Google Calendar and feel like this is an app that you must have to get on your Android handset. Well, I can’t say that you are wrong because this is one of the best apps that a person can have. It is a very useful tool which makes life easy and it is even easier to download. You just have to visit the Google Play Store, search for the app, and then download and install it as soon as it appears. After that you just have to sign-in with your Google account and everything will automatically be updated and synced.
Read More: [Google Keyboard]
Google Calendar updates:
The latest update that has been rolled out by Google is the one that features all the new elements like Find Time and scheduling with maps and photos. It has made the Google Calendar even more attractive. The user interface has also been made simpler, and the color scheme is also absorbing.