Google Voice is something that we may have heard, but very few people know what its actual function is. This Google offering is the least heard of but is one of the most powerful services that Google offers. In plain terms, Google Voice is a voice mail service from Google which allows its users to record or read voicemails as well as customize them if needed.
Google Voice features:
- As previously mentioned, Google Voice allows a user to listen to their voice mail.
- It also helps in call routing which is the most significant service that it provides. What it does is, Google Voice give you a unique number which will enable any device that you have which is connected to any sort of telecommunication service to access you. For example, if you have two mobile phones and one Google Voice number then users could get you on both the phones irrespective of which telephone operator you are using.
- The service also offers call recording, international calls at very low rates, voicemail customization, call blocking, conference calls, the switching between two devices during an ongoing call, free PC to phone calls in the USA and free PC to PC voice and video calls all over the world. These are some of the many services that Google Voice offers to its users. This unique Google Voice ID or number connects a user with all working phones in front of them be it mobile phones, work phones, VoIP lines or desk phones.
Google Voice accounts:
If you want to use Google Voice you might as well be aware of what type of accounts it offers first.
- The Voice number account provides for only one number that can be accessed by others to call the user. Using the number another user could call any of the recipient’s phones.
- The Voice lite account caters to Voicemail only. It means users can customize the voicemails by adding greetings or some message.
- The last one is the number porting feature which comes at a little cost. This plan makes the Voice the default phone number of a user and therefore all the other features and benefits are available in this scheme.
How to complete the setup of the Google Voice account?
- After you have decided which account to get for yourself from the list of accounts mentioned about you can directly go to the Google Voice Sign up page.
- There you will see step-by-step instructions that are to be followed and are quite simple really.
- You will also be asked whether you want to get a new number for your phone or do you want to use an existing number for this account.
- You will then receive a password in the form of a pin which you will have to use to access your account and settings.
- A forwarding number has to be selected after that, and the last step involves a phone verification after which your account is verified, and your Google Voice is all set up to be used.
After setting up the account if you want to get the Google Voice app on your Android handset then you just need to visit the Google Play Store, search for the app and then download and install it. After the installation is complete just enter your pin and details, you are ready with the voice on your phone.
Read More: [Google Calendar]