We all know Pokemon Go, the most viral game ever on the Internet. Days after its release it was also reported that the Pokemons were ending up in very unusual places. Strange places were alright until a girl playing Pokemon Go was led into a dark alley by the game where she discovered a dead body. The altercations and fights regarding the ownership of Pokemons also attracted the attention of news sources worldwide. So if you want to play the game from the safety of your home, there is a method by which you can do that. It is by installing the Pokemon Go on your PC. You must now be wondering as to how you are supposed to walk around with a PC and that also within the confines of your home. You do not have to worry as there are solutions for that too. But let me tell you that if you have resolved to do this, then you have to follow my instructions very carefully step by step and be a little patient because it involves a number of steps.
The method that I will suggest here goes against the terms and conditions laid down by Niantic, the developers of Pokemon Go. It may, therefore, lead to a ban or a suspension but since you have already decided, you may as well get on with it. The first thing to know about playing Pokemon Go on your PC involved the setting up of BlueStacks, an Android Emulator.
Applications required to play Pokemon Go on PC:
- Firstly, you need to download the BlueStacks Android Emulator. Download the version that is supported by your PC operating system.
- Secondly, get KingRoot, which is a rooting software for Android devices.
- Thirdly, get Lucky Patcher, which is the tool to change app permissions.
- Fourth, get the Fake GPS Pro, which is an app that forges your GPS position.
- Last but not the least, get Pokemon Go.
After you have gathered all these apps, then start following the instructions given below word by word so that your Pokemon Go gaming experience is smooth. It is advisable that you keep all the software in a folder on the desktop so that there is no confusion later on whether you have forgotten to download any of the ones present in the list.
Also Read: [Poke Mesh]
The Pokemon Go setup:
- The first thing that you do is install BlueStacks on your computer. If you want you can also connect BlueStacks with your Google account so that you can have a backup and also a Google account help in connecting quicker to a game.
- After you have successfully installed BlueStacks, move on and install KingRoot. You have to install KingRoot via BlueStacks. Just select the KingRoot file and double click on it and you will find that BlueStacks automatically takes over the installation. As soon as you are done with the installation, run KingRoot. As soon as the first page of the app appears, scroll down to the bottom and click on ‘ Fix Now‘. After that, you will find an option called ‘Optimize Now.’ Do it.
- The the next step involved restarting BlueStacks. You will find a small wheel adjacent to the minimize button on the BlueStacks window. Click on it and you will find an option called ‘Restart Android plugin.’ Click on it and you will see that BlueStacks restarts.
- Now notice the BlueStacks sidebar on the left and you will find a folder icon.
- Next, you have to install the Lucky Patcher app. Follow the same method that you had used while installing KingRoot. After allowing permissions to the app, open it and you will find an option called ‘Rebuild and Install.’ Now head on over to sd card>Windows>BstSharedFolder, and select the Fake GPS APK and then ‘Install as a System App‘. Restart BlueStacks as you did in the third step.
- Now install Pokemon Go like you installed the other two APKs. Be warned that you cannot open the app just yet.
- You again have to click on the wheel like you did before but this time, you click on Settings. Then you go to Location and set the Mode to High Accuracy. If you have any other GPS service that is on, please switch it off. Now search for the Location settings in Windows and set it to Off.
- Now go back to Lucky Patcher and click on Fake GPS and launch the app. A list of instructions will appear as soon as you do that. Read the list and click on Ok. In the app, go to Settings and click on the Expert mode. A warning message will appear, and you have to click Ok yet again. Now click the arrow on the top left and you will find a map in front of you. Search for any location that you desire to play the game in and click on Save. You will then find an orange Play button on the right-hand corner. Click on it.
- Finally, you are ready to launch the Pokemon Go app. It may be a while before the app opens up since it has to assimilate all those apps that you have installed and will be using in conjunction with Pokemon Go. Once it opens you will find that it looks identical to how it appears on Android and Apple devices. You will also find that you are in the location that you set moments ago on the Fake GPS map.
Note- There is one limitation on this version which is that in order to change the location you have to change it from Fake GPS and not from the Pokemon Go app. Remember that the more you jump long distance on the map, the greater is the risk of being caught by Niantic and a subsequent ban. You will also receive an automated popup asking you whether you want to use the Augmented Reality mode or turn it off. Click on Yes and you will be able to catch any Pokemon in virtual reality.
Another way to play Pokemon Go on your PC:
If you think this method was too long and involved the installation of too many software before you could actually play the game, then there is an option that you could use which does not include so many complications. There is a new software called the NOX App player which has Pokemon Go installed in it along with all the necessary arrangements so that the risk of getting banned is minimized. The only drawback of playing the game on Nox is that it is very slow.
Read More: [Smart Poke V2]