Have you ever felt the need to get whatever it is on your phone to the tv in front of you for a more immersive experience? Well, there are software that can help you with this. Local Cast is one of the most famous of these software that assist a user in casting their phone screen content onto the TV. Local Cast is quite famous because it has been there from the very beginning of the casting business. With its help, users can see pictures, listen to music and videos on the TV while controlling the said content from their Android mobile phones. It works with a variety of devices like Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Sony Bravia, Samsung, Roku, and Chromecast.
Local Cast features:
- As previously mentioned, Local Cast mainly helps in mirroring your Android Phone or Tablet screen on a bigger medium like a TV.
- It also has some unique features due to which it has got many takers all over the world. Not only can you see videos and pictures but also you can zoom and rotate them. Picture zooming and rotation is quite common, but video zooming and rotating is something that is very rare.
- Local Cast also comes with subtitle integration because of its tie-up with the famous subtitle website called opensubtitles.org. Subtitling is a unique feature that Local Cast has offered. It is of great help for those users who don’t understand the language correctly or can’t catch the accents. The subtitles can be downloaded from opensubtitles.org, and they can be saved into a folder such that the next time when a video is started, the subtitle is automatically taken by the player.
- Changing of subtitle speed, font, and the color is also permitted in the Local Cast but hardcoded subtitles are not visible through this app.
- Local Cast is however limited to playing only a few video formats that include MP4, MKV, 3GP, and M4V.
- The music section is a different story altogether because of its limitless ability to play all types of music, and it looks very attractive too when you are playing music on your big screen TV. The album cover is displayed when a particular track is playing. Music playing also comes with added features of playlists and queueing.
- On the picture viewing front, you can see the pictures in a bigger form and also make slideshows out of it.
- Books and PDF can also be read using Local Cast because the app converts them into pictures and then can display it on the TV.
Local Cast download:
After knowing the features, it is but natural that you will want to have it installed on your Android phone. The steps to get it are really easy.
- You just have to visit the Google Play Store on your phone, search for the app and then download and install it.
- As soon as you have done it, the app will establish a Local Cast server between your TV and your Android phone and as soon as the connection is established you can start casting things from your phone to your TV.
We live in the smartphone generation and with further advancement, Local Cast seems to be the way forward considering that we use our Android phones for everything now, from taking pictures to listening music and even downloading videos on it.
Read More: [Google Play Music family plan]