With the rise of HD and AMOLED screens on smartphones and tablets, movies and videos are mostly being played on phones now. There is no nagging need that users earlier had to face for a computer to be available in order to watch videos or movies. Sometimes, however, users face difficult times when they encounter a video with a codec that their video players cannot play. In fact, if we study carefully, we will find that the pre-installed video players that modern phones come with are actually quite below standards. You will notice that, apart from the most usual codecs, these players will not be able to play anything. They also occupy a lot of memory and display significant lag even at the slightest of problems. They also heat up phones very quickly. Enter MX Player, one of the most versatile players that are available on the Internet. So let us take an in-depth view of what this player is and why it is so popular nowadays, so much so that it is currently giving the VLC media player a run for its money.
MX Player features:
- MX Player comes with hardware acceleration which renders a beautiful quality to all videos and with its latest HW+ decoder, its performance is nearly unrivaled. In simple terms, when a very high-quality video is played most video players exert extra pressure on the CPU which results in phones overheating and the videos lagging. This player, however, takes the help of the GPU of the phone to help with the decoding and, therefore, the process runs very smoothly.
- The multi-core decoding ability that MX player has utilizes the maximum power of an Android device, which other players fail to do. This ability actually proved to the world how a dual-core device’s performance is better than one with a single core. It is said that a dual-core device outperforms a single core by about 60% in performance.
- A startling ability that this player has and one which is very rare to find in others is the fact that users can zoom in and zoom out in a video. Users can zoom in or out by pinching and swiping the screen.
- The subtitle can also be altered or modified according to the user’s preference. The text can be changed, the position of the text can be adjusted, and the speed of the subtitle is also in the user’s hand.
- There is a lock on the MX Player which when enabled completely isolates the screen and the touch functions so that there is no problem if a user touches the screen.
- Like all video playing apps, MX Player also comes with interruptions in the form of ads. Users find solace in the fact that the MX Player offers a lot in its free version itself. In fact, the MX player is completely free, and there is no option to get better features by paying money. These advertisements, however, will not hinder your video playing, but as soon as you try to increase or decrease the volume or fast forward the video, you will find an ad hovering along.
- Another great feature that this app offers is that it provides subtitle support. It is a powerful app which supports most video formats, and the wonderful thing is that if the MX Player is not compatible with any video codec, then it automatically redirects the user to a website where the codec is available so that the user can download it instantaneously and continue watching the content.
How to get the MX Player?
Well, as you can see, the MX Player is one of the best that is available now. It is one powerful video playing app which combines power and usability. The incredible amount of control that it offers to the user is its selling point and USP. With MX Player, there is no preset. You can get the MX Player on your Android device by simply visiting the Google Play Store and downloading and installing the app from there.
The MX Player is also available for Apple’s iOS, in case you were wondering. Users can also get it on the computer by downloading and installing the .exe file or even by getting an Android emulator and then installing the app.
Read More: [YouTube apk]