With technological advancement, digital life has become much more important than it was a few years back. Gone are the days of letters and posts. We are now in the age of social networking, instant messaging apps, and emails. Earlier physically delivered letters would be of great importance as they would contain sensitive and crucial information most of the time, but now everything has changed. From job offers to invoices, everything is now sent through emails which essentially highlights the fact that gradually the digital life will encompass everybody and everything in the world. If you talk about email clients nowadays then Google has to be the first one. Gmail is perhaps the most popular email client in the world right now followed by others like Yahoo Mail, Rediffmail, Hotmail, and others. Google or Gmail has achieved this position because of the tremendous power that Google has acquired and assimilated over recent years. Yahoo also started off as a big Google rival but due to business policies and other such hurdles, lagged in the competition. Yahoo Mail, however, has still managed to hold on to what it had garnered. It was and to some extent, still is, one of the major players in the email world.
Yahoo has undergone a lot of changes in policy and configuration over time but now it comes in two basic packages, one of which is a Free package while the other is the Business one. The free version of Yahoo Mail comes with a storage capability of 1TB while a user can attach any file and send it to another user with the limit of 25 MB. Yahoo Mail offers a built-in process by which data can be condensed. Through this feature, one can send a file of up to 100 MB. An account once created in Yahoo Mail will be active for 12 months without activity after which it cannot be retrieved. Yahoo mail also comes with spam and virus protection and also a hundred filters to sort and arrange incoming messages. On the other hand, Yahoo business email costs a total of 34.99 US dollars to set up. It features unlimited storage of emails and options to create custom email addresses with domain names.
Yahoo Mail features:
- So let us look at the features of Yahoo Mail in depth. The first thing that is going to catch a user’s eye while using the Yahoo Mail app is the color. The app is designed and molded using a violet color that appears very classy. The interface is also pretty user-friendly and works at a very fast pace. In the app, it offers 1TB of free cloud storage to store emails which is a considerably large size to offer.
- As with all email apps, Yahoo also allows its users to send attachments in the form of documents, media, and anything the user wants. The search for contacts and attachments sent to other users has been made very fast in Yahoo recently. The search is not only intuitive but also it is very robust and powerful.
- Yahoo also has integrated in such a way that users can add all the other email accounts they have in the Yahoo app itself. So if you have a Gmail account, and you do not want to install another email app you can just add your account to the Yahoo app, and it will work just fine.
- Yahoo also allows users to change the theme which is a very common thing for all email apps. A new feature that has been added is the ability of the user to quickly delete many emails at once with only 2 or 3 clicks of the mouse.
- Yahoo also has added the unique ability for users to generate a code which they can use instead of passwords.
- It also has the incredible ability to send GIFs in emails to make emails more lively and entertaining.
- Due to Yahoo’s drop in popularity, it has also introduced the ability of the app to connect to Google Drive and Dropbox in order to partially piggyback Google’s repute.
- Yahoo has tried to make the Yahoo mail app an all in one by allowing news from Yahoo and Yahoo magazines to be provided in the app.
Even though Yahoo and Yahoo mail’s popularity has waned over time, it seems that Yahoo is now doing the right thing by tying up with Google and also integrating Google and its services into itself. Along with that, it is also offering some new features that most email clients are not offering thus making it unique and attractive to users. Well then if you are on the lookout for a good email client app on the Google Play Store then Yahoo Mail might be the perfect choice for you.
Read More: [Best Flashlight apps for Android]
So how do you get Yahoo Mail on your Android handset?
It is quite simple really to get this app on your phone. You simply have to visit the Google Play Store and then search for Yahoo Mail and the search bar and as soon as it appears you just have to download and install it. Provide your username and password in the app and you are ready to go with the Yahoo Mail Android app.