I do not need to give an introduction or even talk about what YouTube is. But, for people who have been living under a rock, It is an American video sharing website that hosts videos from all over the world. The service is more or less free, but there is also some Premium content that can be viewed after paying some money. It was first created by some Paypal employees, and after it had garnered a lot of public interest and followers, Google bought it for over a billion dollars. As previously mentioned, it is the largest video hosting website ever and users can watch new movie trailers, videos, music videos, TV clips, video blogs and even audio recordings on it. Since Google took over YouTube users can also login to use YouTube with their Gmail IDs. YouTube mostly has individuals which channels of their own who upload videos regularly. It also has big name corporations like BBC, NBC, the National Geographic Channel who have accounts of their own to upload videos. The immense popularity of YouTube has led to more and more big corporations and conglomerates joining YouTube.
So let us know take a peek into what makes YouTube the biggest and the best.
- YouTube is a video hosting website which is available for Smartphones and Tablets of Android and IOS platforms. One of the most significant advantages of YouTube is that it has an algorithm which continuously scans the service for the most popular videos in the world throughout the day and then in a subsection called Trending posts these videos so that any user who visits the YouTube site might come to know what is currently trending in the world. The Trending video can be of anything from gaming to news or entertainment or just some video that an individual has uploaded but contains sensational content.
- In the service, users can also subscribe to channels where the videos are very attractive to the user.
- YouTube is not only limited to uploading videos but also users can create playlists on YouTube and express their opinions by commenting and sharing videos.
- Nowadays it also supports offline viewing of videos which is a great benefit for users who do not have a regular WiFi connection or live in remote areas. The offline method involves downloading the videos that a user likes in the desired resolution. Once the video is downloaded, it can be viewed through the app anytime and anywhere even without an Internet connection.
- YouTube also has support for 3D videos such that users can upload it or watch it and recently it came with the 360-degree videos feature.
- Being a Google product, this service is available in 76 languages.
- The recent update of the app has made it all the more user-friendly and powerful as well. It is now easy to find videos due to the powerful search function; users can also get recommended videos if they are unsure about what they want to watch. These recommended videos are curated by YouTube itself depending on the user’s history and preferences. The video creating tool has also received upgrades so that users can make very absorbing and funny videos using the editing tools in it.
- The service also launched a new service called the YouTube Red, where people could get on-demand video streaming by paying a particular amount. It was first launched in USA and users had to pay $9.99 to get this feature enabled. This service which also supports offline viewing and download of videos is the way forward for YouTube after its website and the success of its app. Another significant advantage that YouTube Red offers is that users can get to see ad-free videos if they pay the money. This service which received positive reviews as soon as it launched in the USA is now slowly making it snow on the international market with launches every month in 3 or 4 countries. Currently, it is available in Australia and New Zealand and Mexico from this month.
How to get YouTube on your Android device?
It is a question that most users will not be asking since everybody is familiar with YouTube and the bigger reason is that it comes pre-installed on all Android smartphones. If you have not unfortunately received it, or if you have lost it due to some technical problems, then you can just head over to the Google Play Store and then download and install it. After this process, you just have to log in with your account name and password, and you are all set to watch videos and upload them if you want.
Read more: [iTube]