Google Play Store is the best place to get Android apps for your smartphone or tablet. It is the biggest Android marketplace in the world now and has a multitude of apps that many developers have put up in order to get exposure. All these apps are very carefully screened by Google and therefore, they are the very best apps in the market right now. From movie streaming apps to games, from music apps to books, everything under the sun is available in the Google Play Store if it is Android. We have previously talked about the Google Play Store and the movie and TV show app that it contains. So now we will focus on the games that are available in the Google Play Store.
There are lots of games that are available in the Play Store as you might already be guessing. The most exciting part is that there are games of every class and category from wargames and strategy games to racing and first person action games, everything is available in the Play Store. Since the Google Play Store is huge and so is the number of gaming apps in the Google Play Store, it is not possible to give a review of every one of them. What I can do to make your job easy is to give a small review of the 10 best Android games that the Play Store contains right now so that you can try them and enjoy them at the same time.
10 Best Android Games:
- Angry Birds 2 is one of the most anticipated and the most downloaded games in the Google Play Store. You must be well aware of the popularity that the previous version of Angry Birds garnered all over the world. The funny birds with their variety of characteristics and traits became one of the top hits as soon as it was launched some years back. The pigs that the birds targeted and the other obstacles were equally hilarious making for a great and funny experience but also being competitive at the same time. It is a free game, but it also has the option of in-app purchases. The new version of the game displays new scenarios and settings which make the game absorbing and challenging. The new version of Angry Birds also features an option where players can challenge other players in the world for face to face challenges.
- Next up, we have Agar.io. Agar.io actually was made for PC but the growing popularity of the game induced its developers to release the game as a smartphone version also. This game is a direct competition with players from all over the world where you have to become the biggest bubble by taking over other smaller bubbles. You have to keep on eating other bubbles so that you grow into a big one and therefore, increase your chances of winning the game on a particular day, but you also have to be very careful because there are other players who have the same aim as you do. This game was fun and challenging at the same time until slither.io came about.
- The latest version of Despicable Me is Minion Rush. This game which is often dubbed as the game containing the cutest characters ever is a user favourite, especially with the young kids and children. The yellow coloured Minions with their extraordinarily large spectacles are fun to watch and yet the game is very absorbing because as you progress, the levels get harder and harder. The popularity of this game has also increased because of the other characters apart from the Minions; that keep on appearing in the game like El Macho, Vector, and the Fluffy Unicorn. The game also has the ability to take the users to the places which were seen in the Minions movies like the Minion Beach and the Superfunland. The game is very challenging because there are two aspects that you will have to keep in mind while playing it. Battling the evil characters and villains in the game is a must, but at the same time, you also have to keep collecting the fruit in order to make the jams and jellies.
- Brain Dots is the next game that is very popular among Google Play Store users. The aim of the game seems to be simple enough, where users will have to utilise their brain, intellect, and creativity in order to connect dots with pencils. These collectable pencils can be of 25 different types and the dots also will keep changing with the increasing levels. This game is and will be very popular among people who love solving puzzles and putting their brain into games and recreation. The biggest USP of the game, apart from the mind boosting part, is that the game is appropriate for users of all ages from little children to old retired persons. The game also has the ability to share pictures of your successful puzzles on social media networks for your friends to witness.
- Subway Surfers is the next game on my list. It is one game that was a runaway success as soon as Android phones were launched. The game involves a boy who is seen painting a wall and is then chased by a security guard and his dog across train tracks and subway tunnels. The primary target of the game is to keep evading the security guard for as long as possible and collecting coins and other special collectables along the way. There are several special instruments that, which the boy can use and which also provides a very exciting turn in the game for the user. There are skateboards, hoppity hops, rocket launching bags, and other such special stuff that the boy can use to gain speed and put a lot of distance between him and the security guard. This game has millions of downloads as well as millions of 5-star ratings in the Google Play Store because of its great graphical interface and apparently simple gameplay. Subway Surfers is a free game to download and play, but it also features the option of in-app purchases.
- Well, how can we write about the best and the most downloaded games on the Google Play Store without mentioning Candy Crush Saga? This game spread like a virus throughout the world because of its availability on both smartphones and computers. It is available for Android, for iOS devices, and for computers, it can be played via Facebook. But I do not have to tell you about that because you already might be irritated by the number of Candy Crush Saga playing requests that you get from your friends on Facebook. The release of a number of versions of this game every few months is also what keeps the game ticking and the users of the game hooked. The aim of the game, which is very simple is that users have to match candies of specific types and win points. As soon as you match similar candies into groups bigger than 3, you win points. With progress in the game, you will find that the candies that fall from above, start doing so at a rapid rate, thus making your job harder. The bright and glowing graphics of the game is one of its USPs as also is the ability of the user to move across the candy world to play more games and challenges. Candy Crush Saga is a free game to play but like others, it also has in-app purchases.
- Last but not the least, let us talk about the game that has revolutionized multiplayer gaming in the world. You guessed it right; I am talking about Clash of Clans! Clash of Clans is one of the most popular multiplayer strategy war games not only in the Google Play Store but also in the world. In this game, you are the chief of a village, and you have the ability to build your village from scratch with defensive structures, armies and the ability to attack other villages as well as defend your own village against marauding armies of other people. There are many defensive structures like cannons, mortars, archer towers, inferno towers, the xbow, etc. Also, there are army personnel like barbarians, archers, golems, wizards, witches and many others. The fun does not stop at that, though. The real fun starts when users come together to build Clans and participate in Clan Wars. As you move up the levels, you also find mythological creatures like dragons and magic spells which keep the users of the game hooked as also does the new upgrades that are released periodically.
- Temple Run is a racing action game that draws its inspiration from Indiana Jones. It has some action in the form of monkeys and creatures chasing the player but has no confrontation or fighting sequences. The only objective of the game is to keep running and collecting special collectibles along the way. The player also has to be very careful regarding the other things that could possibly prove fatal like the sudden end of roads, deep chasms and even low hanging branches. There is no blood and gore, though, and the game bears a similarity to Subway Surfer except for the setting of the game. Temple Run gathered a lot of praise when it launched in 2011 and was on an equal footing with Subway Surfer and other popular Android games of the time, but it lost out due to the monotonous nature of the game. The game is free to download and play and also features in-app purchases.
- One of the prime racing games of all time on Android, Asphalt 8 has garnered and maintained its popularity exceedingly well. The gameplay, as well as the graphics of the game, is the biggest attraction of the game. Also, with the increase of screen size of smartphones nowadays, this game has become more popular as the driving experience it provides can rival any computer racing game. The latest version of Asphalt is the Asphalt 8: Airborne. It features over 200 million players already and therefore, the multiplayer races which can feature up to 12 racers are very interesting and racy. There are cars that are top end including machines from all famous companies like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti, Mercedes, Audi etc. The game is also very extensive as it has over 400 races in Career mode, 1500 races in Car mastery challenges and lots of other content. The control is also based on movements which prove to very engaging. Although it has received rave reviews from all the game reviewers, it has been criticized for its aggressive push towards in-app purchases.
- How can we forget the latest and the most famous of all the apps ever? Pokemon Go has literally transformed the world of gaming in terms of gameplay as well as popularity. The app is relatively new, but it has garnered a reputation that only a few others have. This app has gone viral in the true sense of the term. From children to office goers, everyone is trying out their hand at catching Pokemons. This game uses the Augmented Reality concept to display Pokemons in the real world which users can catch and thus become powerful Pokemon trainers. Also, the fact that Pokemons have to be captured by actually walking around on streets is what makes this app really unique. Pokemon Go was actually launched for iOS but due to its immense popularity, it has been made available for Android too although the game is only available in a few select countries till now with developers working overtime to launch the app worldwide.
So, there you go with the list of 10 best Android games in the market right now. These games have been compiled based on user downloads and popularity ratings over time. But there are many other games that deserve mentions like Minecraft, Fruit Ninja, Plants vs Zombies, CSR Racing, Real Racing and others who have also been very popular but have fallen in the popularity charts now.
Read More: [Android Nougat available here]