Like most of Google products, Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers out there, if not the most popular. It is freeware that was released by Google in 2008 for Windows operating systems but due to its smoothness and great functionality, it was eventually made available for other operating systems like Linux and Android. It is now the main component of the Chrome operating system that is currently found in Chromebooks. The popularity of Chrome has led Google to incorporate the brand name into its new devices like the Chromecast, the Chromebook, and the Chromebox. There are many other web browsers that are available in the world especially the recognized ones like Mozilla Firefox, the Internet Explorer, Opera and many others, but Google Chrome has successfully taken huge steps forward to become the world’s leading web browser now.
Read More: [Google Voice]
Google Chrome features:
Let us look at some of the features that Google Chrome offers that have also contributed to making it one of the world’s best.
- Chrome provides synchronization that only a very few web browsers can. As soon as somebody installs Chrome on his/her system, it asks for a Google account verification if a Gmail account is available. Once it does that, all bookmarks, history and settings across that user’s devices are all updated. In plain words, if you log in to some website using your Chrome browser and your Gmail account from your computer system then you don’t need to put your username and password if you open the same website through your phone or your tablet or any other device that has Chrome installed in it.
- Chrome only does not use Google’s name to be the most reputed web browser, but it has great work power of its own due to which user reviews rate it as the best of all. While most of the other browsers have failed in some test or the other, Google Chrome has never failed an official test.
- Chrome is also very trusted and reliable across the world because it offers security features that are unparalleled. Chrome is monitored 24X7 for any issues related to digital fraud, malicious attacks, phishing attempts and any other sort of inconvenience that a user may face. Google uses a free public API called Google Safe Browsing which has a database that contains the names of all the websites that are flagged on account of suspicious activity all over the world. Whenever any user tries to access the website for the first time, Google immediately appears with a red page and the warning that the user may fall in danger after visiting the site.
- Chrome is also the most fail proof web browser that has ever been made because it comes with the support system of 45 plugins which very few other web browsers can boast of.
- A browsing mode was created where websites visited by the user would not appear in history. It is called the Incognito mode. It is a private viewing mode where history and cookies are not saved from the websites visited.
- The stability that Chrome offers is also highly acclaimed throughout the world because it has often been seen that other browsers often hang or crash when there are too many tabs open. This happens very rarely with Chrome.
- One of the most powerful and also incidentally the most significant feature of Chrome is its user interface. The interface is very simple for new users and has been kept as minimalistic and clutter-free as possible. Tabs can be opened in a Chrome window, and there’s also the availability of opening many new Chrome Windows such that surfing is never hindered. Chrome also features and inspect element option with budding web developers can use to understand how the pages have been created along with website elements.
- One of the biggest reasons that Google Chrome is ahead of all other web browsers is that it continuously keeps updating itself and developing to stay abreast of all the technological advancements that are currently happening in the world. With regards to this Google Chrome made extensions for the browser itself in 2013 where the browser itself would function as an app launcher and app player. The Chrome web store offers all the apps that can be added to Google Chrome as an extension and be used at the same time.
How to get Google Chrome on your Android device:
It is really simple to get Google Chrome on your Android device if it is not already installed in there. Most Android smartphone companies now offer pre-installed Google Chrome browser on their products. If you are one of the unlucky ones, who did not get it or lost it in some way you just need to go to the Google Play Store and type Google Chrome in the search bar. As soon as the app appears just download it and install it and with your Gmail Account login to it so that everything you do after that is synced on all your devices.
Latest Google Chrome update:
Rumour has been doing the rounds lately that Chrome, the Chrome OS, and the Android OS are all going to be replaced very soon by a new operating system that is being called Fuchsia. This OS will supposedly run on a Linux kernel unlike most of the operating systems now, and it will be available on all devices from PC to smartphones and tabs. It essential incorporates Google Dart programming language.
Read More: [Google Calendar]