After the Nexus 5X, the world is waiting for the successor of the Nexus 6P which is due to be released very soon. Google has been teasing everyone with their small but significant teasers from the very beginning of the year and here is another one that will excite you and make you pray fervently for the next Nexus device to come soon. According to reports, the two Nexus devices that are currently nearing release with the Marlin and Sailfish OS, will feature the next generation Google Nexus Launcher. This app has been doing the rounds all over the Internet but finally it has been leaked by a Google Plus user and all the developers and software aficionados are scrambling to get a copy for themselves. You can do so too and wonder at the revelation that Google has created. So, the Nexus device maybe a few weeks away but we can surely try the launcher that it will come with to get a taste of what is to come.
Read More: [Parallel Space apk download and use]
Appearance and features of the new Google Nexus Launcher:
- Well, starting off with the home screen, the one thing that will strike you is the absence of the app drawer, which is the predominant feature that is included in every Android device but Google seems to have done away with it this time. A user has to swipe up to access it now. The new app menu also has a “Search App” bar at the very top of the menu so that searching for an app becomes much faster and convenient.
- The Google widget is also not present and in its stead, we find the date on the right side of the top end of the screen. Just opposite do it there is a Google pull tab which appears quite cool. Users can just drag it to get the Google Search option directly on the home screen like in earlier versions. A double tap on this Google search option will also bring up the Google Now feature.
- Although this is not the finished product, rumor has it that the final version will be quite similar in appearance, but the Google Assistant function will gain much more importance. Also, the right swipe brings in the Google Search option directly as is present in most Android devices that have been recently released.
- By long pressing on the home screen, you get the Settings and one new feature that has been added in this version of the Google Nexus Launcher is that you get an option to pick wallpapers for yourself, and it contains a huge number of wallpapers preloaded so that you don’t have to go online and download wallpapers for yourself. It comes in a phone, but there are several collections of wallpapers from which you can choose from, and it also contains the photos that have been taken from the phone camera. So installing a wallpaper that you have clicked yourself on your phone has become quite easy. There is also an extra feature which is the daily wallpaper option, but the launcher offers the user a different wallpaper daily without the user having to worry about it.
- There is also a G button at the left end at the bottom of the screen which launches all the Google services like Google Mail, Google Calendar, and Google Plus. There is also one at the right just opposite it which is the Play button featuring the Google Play Music, Google Play Movies and TV, as well as Google Play Books. However, since it is not the finished version, there is a doubt as to whether they will stay at all in the final release. But what I can say that you must experience it once to decide for yourself whether it is good or not.
How to download the Google Nexus Launcher APK?
Since I have advised you to try this app, I will also give you the methods how to get it onto your Android device. There are two methods to achieve this. The first one is the APK download method.
- Download the apk file from the link that has been given here.
- Then, open Settings on your device and click on the Security option. You will find a tab called Unknown Sources. Click on it to enable the option. Now this is done because all Android operating systems by default consider all software and APKs from outside the Google Play Store as suspicious. So if you download and install this APK without enabling this option your Android device will start giving warning messages at frequent intervals, which is a real pain. By enabling this, the Android device understands that the user trusts the source, and therefore there is nothing to worry about.
- You can now initiate the installation of the app by clicking on the APK file.
- Read the permissions and then click on Install.
A thing to note here is that installing the APK directly has sprung up one problem that is consistent with all the devices. It is that, whenever a user wants to change the wallpaper, the Wallpaper Picker crashes and also in this version the Google Now does not appear when a right swipe is made on the home screen. This situation can, however, be remedied by installing the Google Nexus Launcher via the Zip file method, which I have described below.
- The Zip file method involved getting the Google Nexus Launcher app from the TWRP or the Team Win Recovery Project.
- After downloading the zip file, you need to extract it like you usually do for other zip files, and then you can install the APK that has been extracted.
- This one works correctly without any crashes or issues.
So, go on and grab your copy of the new Google Nexus Launcher app until the finished and ready version is released.
Also Read: [Creehack]